Sheryl Farber - Splendor in the Grass - Saturdays 10:30AM - Noon PST
Sheryl Farber is here because her father spotted her mother from a Catskill mountain lounge bandstand. Teenage devouring of Shangri Las and Lesley Gore records landed her a place in NYC underground girl group The Pussywillows.
Since then, she's contributed vocals to a bunch of obscure records. She’s the co-producer of the Rhino boxed set One Kiss Can Lead to Another: Girl Group Sounds, Lost & Found, has worked on hundreds of Rhino releases as editorial
supervisor, as well as written liners for several. She's been nominated for three Grammys—art direction and historical packaging (for One Kiss) and art direction (Weird Tales Of The Ramones).
- Philosophy of my radio show: A two-hour love rollercoaster of girl-pop power from the '60s and beyond, with side spins into bossa, boy guitar, psychedelia, garage, swooning soul, and anything else I'm obsessed with at the moment.
- Five artists LuxuriaMusic listeners will hear on my show: Jackie DeShannon, The Cookies, Honey & The Bees, Bobbie Gentry, Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes!
- To derive maximum pleasure from my radio show: Pour yourself a Sherlene--diet cream soda and rum (add a little a mint if you wish).
- When I'm not DJing I can be found: Daydreaming about Bobby, Joey, and Earl (Earl?), writing in my diary and then burning it, strumming little guitars, going to faraway places for delicious snacks...
- Secret superpowers I possess: X-ray vision at high altitudes.