Kat Griffin – Madly Cocktail
Saturdays 5 PM - 7 PM
Kat Griffin started her career in radio at age 6 in the mirror with a hair brush and a love for The Partridge Family Album. Recognizing the need to develop her technique, she moved on to tightening up her back announce delivery by absconding with her dad's cassette recorder. These lost tapes were later discovered by her mother and sister in the middle school years, and were a source of many parental ponderings, like, "What the hell is she doing? Girls like her go to nursing school. Who wants to marry a crazy person who talks to herself in the bathroom?" Well, she showed them. Never one to quit anything or say no to any radio opportunity, Kat Griffin is an insanely busy public radio host as well as the LuxuriaMusic station den mother (duties include vacuuming the studio, filling the candy dish, and making sure the pens work). And to top it off, she married fellow public radio geek, Charmin Larman. Her parents were relieved.
- Philosophy of my radio show: Madly Cocktail is an eclectic mix of jazz, exotica, latin beat and pop vocal. Designed to quench your thirst for freedom from the workweek, it will hypnotize you into a purely weekend state of mind.
- Five artists LuxuriaMusic listeners will hear on my show: Cal Tjader, Mongo Santamaria, Peggy Lee, Sarah Vaughn, & Quincy Jones.
- To derive maximum pleasure from my radio show: Join the Rudy Van Gelder drinking game in the chat room
- When I'm not DJing I can be found: In a dark room with the drapes drawn, waiting for next Saturday.
- Secret superpowers I possess: My nerve is impervious to whining children and poorly behaved men. I make an excellent proper martini and a perfect cup of coffee.