Vic Tripp / Host - Atomic Cocktail
Vic Tripp shows
Atomic Cocktail producer Gene Sculatti (who’s never been photographed with Vic Tripp) helmed, with Art Fraud, The Cool & The Crazy radio show (1984-87, KCRW, Santa Monica), is the author of The Catalog of Cool, Too Cool and San Francisco Nights: The Psychedelic Music Trip and has written for Creem, Crawdaddy, Billboard and USA Today.
- Philosophy of my show: An upbeat music show that strives for the urgency and ‘fun’ atmosphere of classic Sixties Top-40 radio. Nothing serious. Nothing too long. Keep moving.
- Five artists Luxuria listeners will hear on my show: Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, Miracles, Lesley Gore.
- To derive maximum pleasure from my radio show: Turn it up.
- When I’m not DJing I can be found: assembling show playlists.
- The secret superpower I possess: Effectively convincing people that I am not show producer Gene Sculatti.