Paul Kennedy shows
Paul Kennedy has been exposed to a variety of music since his childhood. His father was a jazz musician and a music teacher, so it was hard not to be interested in music. Paul’s first experience with a turntable was at about age 8, spinning The Grand Canyon Suite on the family record player. Later, as a teenager, his interests moved to pop 60s music. His first record purchase was Between the Buttons by The Rolling Stones. In 1969, after joining the Navy, Paul was stationed in the Bay Area, where he took in great local radio stations, culture, and concerts at the Fillmore West, Winterland, and The Family Dog.
After that, Paul followed his career in computers and writing around the country, living in the east coast and the Midwest, eventually settling into the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
When Paul learned about Luxuriamusic, he became an avid fan immediately, with a new world of music opening up before him. When Luxuriamusic left the Internet, Paul started up SounDelicious Internet Radio on Live365 to try to make up for the vacuum left by Luxuriamusic’s departure. When Luxruiamusic came back online in 2005, Paul welcomed the opportunity to host Nightscape.
- Philosophy of my radio show: It is all about entertaining you with thoughtfully crafted shows. I present you, the listener, with great music and get out of its way.
- Five artists LuxuriaMusic listeners will hear on my show: Ray Bryant, Gerardo Frisina, Lettuce, Ramsey Lewis, and Sarah Vaughn, but I’m always searching for artists who fit the unique Luxuriamusic sound.
- To derive the maximum pleasure from my radio show: Listen for themes. Feel free to join me in the chat room, too.
- When I’m not DJing I can be found: Practicing guitar, cooking, and queuing up records on my 70s vintage turntable.
- The secret superpower I possess: I know a good tune when I hear it.